Love is a family!

Love is a family!

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Blogging about blogging...

I have read some interesting and inspirational blogs lately and so I thought I would start one of my own and see where it takes me....
This year started off on a sad note when my faithful dog of 7 years passed away. Her battle with cancer and final inability to move her hind legs wasn't easy for any of us to endure, but i take comfort in knowing we were able to put her to rest peacefully.  It wasn’t long after she passed away that my friend gave me one of the nicest gifts anyone had ever given me.  She brought me a 3 month old Shih Tzu puppy who was the last of her dog’s litter. I wasn’t sure it was a good idea since I was still grieving Bailey, but my heart opened to the idea when I saw the 4 lb bundle of fluff with pink bows in her hair.  We named her Saidie ( Sader bugs) and she stole our hearts as we worked to train her and welcome her into our home.  She may not have been a human baby, or my Bailey girl, but she was just what I needed at that time.  I immediately got addicted to the breed and we rescued a male puppy a few months later.  He was about 6-7 months and already named Charlie.  I wanted to call him Samson but I was out voted and his name remained the same.  Now we have 2 crazy puppies ruling the house but I wouldn’t have it any other way.  Charlie and Jaicie became fast friends and she loves when I call him "her" dog. She is such an animal lover like me and we have finally brought Ryan around to the idea!

It's hard to see Charlie because he is so dark, but he is a sweet little boy.

And Ryan said he wasn't a dog person.....


Jaicie and me on Mother's day and this year my birthday.



No comments:

Post a Comment