Love is a family!

Love is a family!

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

8 Things the pharmacy would tell you if they could.....

1.  This isn't Burger King.....don't tell me that your Rx should only take a few minutes because we just slap a label on a bottle or a box.  If you get onions on your hamburger on accident, it won't kill you, but if you get the wrong medication it could.  Speed isn't the only thing that counts.

2.  Don't yell at me because Medicaid requires a prior authorization before they will pay on your medication.  When you get medication that costs HUNDREDS of dollars for FREE, sometimes you have to wait.

3.  The pharmacy bills your insurance as a courtesy, so you need to have your insurance information with you.  We don't have a data base with your policy information.

4.  Doctors often call the WRONG pharmacy when phoning in Rx's. Just because they told you they called it in dosen't mean they called it in to the right place. 

5.  I find it ironic when I get a Rx for Clomid (a fertility med) from a non-english speaking patient with medicaid.....hmmmm.....one more child on welfare...just saying.  I guess it's not up to me to determine how many kids someone should have, but I work and pay my taxes.

6.  Not every generic medication is on the $4 list!  Many generics are still very expensive. Just because your doctor said it was $4 dosen't mean it is...We don't tell our patients what the doctor charges.

7.  Every heard the saying..."You can catch more flies with honey?"  Well, this is true....the nicer you are the more I am willing to help you...the more you yell and cuss I will lower your priority on the list. 

8.  Patient often wonder why they can't use out of state medicaid. Well, the state tax payers pay for those benefits...so of course they aren't going to pay for you to live in Idaho and use Washington medicaid. 

I really love my job, but some days your just want to say whats really on your mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment