Love is a family!

Love is a family!

Friday, June 24, 2011

Older than dirt!

So today I got a reality check while waiting on a patient.  There she was this young women standing at my register waiting to pick up a Rx.  I asked her for her birth date to verify I had the right patient and when she replied 1995, reality hit.  I graduated high school in 1996, to technically I could have been her MOTHER.  She was wearing a shirt with the logo of a local restaurant where she apparently worked and obviously drove herself to the store, so she must have a drivers license!  The mirror tells me I have aged, but for some reason this hit home harder than most.  I think most women see themselves age along side their children so they have time to process the reality, but I haven't had that opportunity so I couldn't imagine having a child of that age.  Well, that was my epiphany of the day!

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel bad, Jessica. I ran into a girl I used to babysit who now has school-aged children of her own! That was a reality check! Wow! I'm in my 40's now. It just amazes me how fast time flies.

    ReplyDelete